YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Shine bright like a diamond...

Kim K is famous for a lot of things, but when I think of her makeup I think of smokey eye, nude lips, and an extremely contoured and highlighted face. Emilee and I were inspired by this look, so we went with a nude eye with really bright lids, and a bold eyeliner paired with extra long lashes, and really bright underneath the eyes. 

To start to get this "light" look, I used a light concealer (two shades lighter than what she would normally wear) and put that all under her eyes and about a half inch below that. I also put it along her lids to create a nice bright base for the eyeshadow we used. Key word: blend. I blended the concealer into her foundation that was already on with a stippling brush. Once that was done, I set it with a light foundation powder. I then put a highlighter powder along the high points of her cheek bones. I went over and added some bronzer to contour and added a light pink blush along the apples of her cheeks. 

For her eyes, I put a light eyeshadow all over her lid up until the brow bone, and beneath her eye. Pretty simple! For the big lash look, we added mascara, some thick cat eyeliner, black liner on the waterline, and some falsies that were already on. So fun! 

Last but not least, the lips! We just put a nude pink viva glam lipstick on to compliment the bright nude face. I didn't want it to look overpowering with a bright lip, and I think the nude pink worked out great. 

What do you think about this look?! It's always SO fun to have a beautiful best friend who can test out new looks and be your model ;) 

Makeup/Photo by Claire Houston 



XOXO,
Claire 

No comments:

Post a Comment